Wednesday, October 18, 2006

So, what can you expect to see here?

I've been in love with the movies for as long as I can remember. For a long time, it was just entertainment. Then, at some point, it became a medium. And then, in some ways, a dictionary of metaphors to describe moments in my life.

I can still remember watching Akira Kurosawa's Rashomon for the first time. I came out of the auditorium feeling dazed, my mind a confused jumble of thoughts trying to grab my attention. Since then, there have been so many instances when I've been faced with a bunch of conflicting accounts of the same situation, and Toshiro Mifune's face would just pop up in my mind's eye.

This blog wasn't my idea, actually. A friend of mine, who has heard me rave about one too many movies in the past, suggested that I put my thoughts down in a blog. And I figured, why not? Maybe someone, somewhere, will read it, feel the same way, and smile.

No comments: